1Eggs wash (1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons yogurt)
Sesame and black seed for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees.
- Mix flour and salt using an electric mixer on low speed, add vinegar.
- Add water gradually; knead on medium speed until the dough comes together.
- Roll on a lightly flour- dusted surface to a ½ cm thickness, cut into circles (7cm in diameter) using a ring.
- Put a small amount of the stuffing in the centre of each circle and fold one side over the filling, pinch the edges slightly with a fork tip to seal.
- Arrange on a baking tin, brush with egg & yogurt mixture and sprinkle sesame and black seed on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve the Borek warm in a large bread basket.
Spinach stuffing can be replaced with any other fillings such as ripe minced meat or favorite cheeses, and borek can be made sweet by using pieces of dried fruit for stuffing instead of salty fillings.
With marked enthusiasm for his subject and expertise in the cooking field, Chef Osama El-Sayed, C.E.C. can take his audience through a world of culinary delights in several easy steps. With an audience of over a millions viewers on several continents, it is no wonder that Chef Osama has learned to take complex cooking techniques and recipes then simplify them for basic home cooks. Chef Osama’s show "Ma Osama Atyab" - "It's More Delicious with Osama" airs live daily on Dubai TV.