1/2 cup fine bulgur wheat
4 cups parsley, stems removed, finely chopped
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon. salt
8 green onions (scallions, spring onions), white parts only, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 tomato, finely diced
4 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
2 romaine lettuce hearts
salt and pepper
- Pick stones from bulk bulgur before using (If found) - Rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the parsley and pat dry before chopping.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the lettuce and mint.
- Let the salad stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour to absorb the flavors.
- Add the finely chopped mint before serving.
- Toss and taste for extra seasoning.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.