Decorating the cake with rolled fondant
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
½ cup starch
2 tsp orange spirit
½ cup Glucose
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Knead until the fondant is smooth, pliable and does not stick to your hands.
- Prepare the cake by lightly covering with butter cream icing.
- Lightly dust smooth work surface and rolling pin with confectioner’s sugar to prevent sticking.
- Roll out fondant sized to your cake, add more confectioner’s sugar if necessary.
- Gently lift fondant over rolling pin, position on cake.
- Remove any extra dough with a tip of a sharp knife.
- Smooth and shape fondant on cake using a smoother, beginning in the middle of the cake top, move the smoother outward and down the sides, to smooth and shape fondant to cake.