Saffron Vegetables Tajin
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat, add onion and stir until translucent.
- Add vegetables and stir for few minutes, season.
- Dissolve saffron in some warm water, pour over vegetables, add water or stock and boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 - 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender, season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables with some stock in Tajin or serving plate, garnish with chopped herbs.
- Serve warm with couscous.
3 tablespoon oil
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise
1 medium pumpkin, peeled, cut into large cubes
2 medium turnips, peeled
2 medium onions, quartered
2 potatoes, peeled, quartered
2 medium tomatoes, peeled
1/4 teaspoon saffron
4 cups water or stock
Salt and pepper
Fresh herbs for garnish, chopped