Beef Vegetables Stew (Salounah)
- Mash garlic with salt, combine with spices.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of the oil and stir rub meat to the mixture, cover and keep in fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium high heat, add oil and stir till translucent.
- Add marinated meat, tomato paste and water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour or until tender.
- Add vegetables and cook for about 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve Salonah with rice or bread.
4 Garlic cloves
1 Tablespoon coarse salt
1 Teaspoon paprika
1 Teaspoon ground cumin
1 Teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 Teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon ground dried lime (Loomi)
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Kilo lamb, cubes
1 Large onion, diced
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
5 Cups water
3 Zucchini, cubed
3 Eggplants (Small), cubed
3 Carrots, cubed
2 Potatoes, cubed