Creamy spinach stuffed vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat egg whites with an electrical whisk till meringue achieved.
- Heat butter in a pan over a medium-high heat, stir in onions for about 5 minutes till translucent.
- Mix in flour, add milk gradually, and continue whisking till creamy, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Squeeze spinach from liquid and chop.
- Add spinach to mixture and combine gently with meringue.
- Cut bell pepper into halves lengthwise, remove seeds, and scoop out some potato flesh (like a cup).
- Grease an oven dish, stuff vegetables with creamy spinach.
- Arrange stuffed vegetables in oven dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cup milk
Salt and pepper
3 cups frozen spinach
Colored bell peppers, small potatoes (half boiled), frozen artichokes
Parmesan cheese, shredded