Entrecote with Herbed Butter
- Mix butter and parsley in a bowl, beat until smooth.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a work surface, mound butter in the center.
- Roll and shape into cylinder, seal the ends.
- Chill in the fridge for one hour or until firm.
- Unwrap the butter roll and cut crosswise into thick slices, keep refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat grill or non-stick pan over high heat.
- Season meat and place on the hot grill or pan, for 5 minutes per side.
- Continue cooking in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until desired doneness.
- Top the meat with butter slices, serve with sauteed vegetables and fries
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Rub the steak on both sides with the oil and season with Essence, salt, and pepper.
- Place on the grill (or on a broiler pan) and cook until medium-rare, about 8 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly on the diagonal.
Literally meaning "between the ribs" this French term refers to a steak cut from between the ninth and eleventh ribs of beef. It's a very tender cut and is usually cooked by quickly broiling or sauteing.