Potato Spinach Quiche
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water, leave for about 5 minutes to become active.
- Mix flour and salt using an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add yeast mixture and olive oil to flour and knead till the dough becomes smooth and soft.
- Place dough in oiled bowl and let rise for about half an hour (or until doubled in size).
- Preheat oven to 220 degree Celsius.
- Roll dough on a lightly flour dusted surface to a circular shaped (1 cm thickness).
- Place in a round tray, make sure it covers the bottom and sides (Like a tart).
- Make holes in the prepared dough by using a fork.
- Bake in low oven rack for about 5 minutes, set aside and let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grill asparagus spears on a slightly greased grill till grill marks achieved, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat, add potatoes and stir till golden in color>
- Lift it on kitchen towel to get rid of excess oil, set aside.
- Beat eggs with cream using a whisk, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix potatoes with cheese, spinach, tomato, onion, add to egg mixture using a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture over baked dough ,arrange grilled asparagus spears on top of it and bake for about 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Place quiche in a serving plate and cut into wedges.