Lamb Shanks with Pumpkin and Dates
- Rub meat with spices, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat, add shallots and stir for few minutes.
- Remove shallots from oil, set aside.
- Add meat to the same pan and sear until browned.
- Stir in chopped onion and garlic for two minutes.
- Add juice, molasses, water and tomato, let boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until meat is almost done.
- Add dates, pumpkin and shallots, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Garnish with parsley when serving next to boiled rice or pasta.
4 lamb shank
1 tablespoon ground mix spices
salt and pepper
2 tablespoon oil
1 cup onion (shallots), peeled
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoon date molasses (debbs)
4 cups water
2 cups tomato, chopped
4 cups pumpkin, cubed
1 cup soft date, halved
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (garnish)