Spiced Fish Sayyadiya
- Wash fish under running water, pat dry.
- Combine spices with flour in a plate, season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish pieces on flour mixture, pat down then turn and pat on the other side to coat fish with thin layer of flour, shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large heavy pan over medium high heat.
- Fry fish pieces until golden brown then flip over to the other side.
- Remove and drain on a paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onion and saut? for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for two minutes.
- Stir in the rest of ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Let sauce until boiling, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until thicken.
- Spoon sauce into serving plate, arrange fish slices on top, serve warm.
1 Kilo fish slices
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 cup flour
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying
4 Tablespoons oil
2 large onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, sliced
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup fish or chicken stock
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon mix spices