- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Using an electric mixer beat the eggs for 5 minutes, add sugar, continue beating for 10 minutes until it increases in volume.
- Mix flour, vanilla and salt, add to the batter, with constant beating until fluffy and well combined.
- Line a 25 cm x 30 cm oven pan with parchment paper; pour the batter to only ½ the pan volume, even the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
For the Swiss roll:-
- Set the cake to cool before turning it over a flat surface, then invert it on a parchment paper once again so as the back of the cake directly on the parchment paper.
- Rub away the surface of the cake (the crust), then evenly spread the jam.
- Roll into a tight spiral with the aid of a parchment paper, cover it with the parchment paper and seal the edges.
- Chill to hold, and then slice the roll.
- Line a deep glass bowel with plastic, and then arrange the slices to cover the bottom and the sides of the bowl.
- Fill the middle with the whipped cream and fruits (large amount), then cover it with a cake layer on the top that fits the bowl size, gently press it in.
- Drizzle the cake with syrup, seal the charlotte with a plastic then chill it for 2 hours to hold.
- Invert the cake into a serving plate, carefully peel the plastic wrap and garnish with cream and fruit chunks and serve.