- Put stock and milk in a saucepan over medium heat; add cardamom, season with salt and pepper, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add chickpeas flour gradually while stirring until soft dough is formed.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add garlic, stir for 3 minutes or until golden then add coriander.
- Add garlic, coriander mixture to dough, mix until well combined.
- Roll out dough in a greased tray into 1 ½ cm thick dough.
- Leave to cool, then cover and refrigerate for half an hour until firm.
- Cut dough into equal squares then divide to triangles.
- Heat oil in a skillet over a medium heat, fry chickpeas bread slices until golden.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the boiled chickpeas in a chopper; add basil sauce (pesto), place the mixture in a pastry bag.
- Top chickpeas triangles with the green sauce and pieces of boiled chickpeas or black olives and diced tomatoes.
- Special bread for those who have wheat flour allergy.
- Chickpeas flour consists of dried chickpeas, powdered like flour.
2 Cups stock (chicken or meat)
1 Cup milk
2 tsp ground cardamom
Salt and pepper
4 Cups Chickpeas flour
2 Garlic cloves
2 Tbs fresh coriander, chopped
Oil for frying
½ Cup chickpeas, boiled
½ Cup basil sauce (pesto sauce)
olives and tomato, diced, and dried chickpeas, boiled