- Mix well yoghurt, lemon juice, and dry mint.
- Cover bottom of a bowl with cheesecloth.
- Pour inside the yoghurt mixture in the center of the cheesecloth.
- Tie the cheesecloth edges and hook over the bowl. Pull corners up and tie tightly.
- Cool until all the water is exterminated (Hang overnight or for 24 hours).
- Note that labneh should be refrigerated if the weather is hot.
- Remove from cheesecloth, refrigerate.
- Divide labneh and roll it into smooth, round 4 cm balls.
- Refrigerate again.
- Place in a sterile jar, cover with olive oil.
- Labneh can be refrigerated for 3 months.
- For low fat labneh, use low fat yogurt.
- Thyme, chili powder or crushed black pepper can be used instead of dry mint.
- Herbs can be added to oil for different flavors.
- Most important step in labneh preparation is the first one (water extermination)
during which all bacteria is cleared.