• Put sugar in a pan over heat and add the whole onion.
• Add vinegar and simmer until onion melts and becomes like cream.
• Mix the flour, salt, grated garlic, sugar and dry yeast. Place in mixer.
• Add butter, oil and cheese and blend well.
• Add water then knead until a firm dough is formed.
• Cover and set aside for half an hour until it doubles in size. Divide into two parts.
• Spread one piece of the dough with a rolling pin to take the circular shape of the baking dish.
• Add the onion.
• Roll out the second piece of the dough and cover the top and seal around the edges.
• Pierce the top with a fork so the excess steam comes out.
• Bake in a medium oven.
• Put olive oil and lemon juice on the rest of the onion to serve like a side dish next to the pie.
• Serve with spinach salad, slices of tomato, rings of red onion and small mushrooms. Drizzle with the remaining onion sauce.