Bananas and cherries cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a sauce pan melt half the butter over low heat, with constant stirring.
- Add the sugar and molasses to the butter while melting, stir until well combined.
- Pour the butter mixture in a cake mould, then arrange the banana slices , with the cherries and walnuts in between the bananas.
- In a deep large bowl, beat the rest of the butter with half of the sugar and egg yolks until creamy.
- Add milk, yoghurt, vanilla and cinnamon to the batter, stir until well combined.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar to form a meringue.
- Lightly fold the meringue into the batter.
- Gradually add the flour continue beating until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter over the butter and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set to cool and finally turn the cake over a serving plate, to be garnished with bananas, cherries and walnuts.