- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic, stir until soften.
- Add minced beef, sauté for 10 minutes, season with salt, pepper and spices and stir frequently until well combined.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and stir. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Butter a (9X11”) baking dish.
- Place about 3 sheets of phyllo pastry on the bottom of the dish, brush with butter (or spray). Repeat until having 4 layers of phyllo.
- Spread the beef mixture; add 4 dough of phyllo as previous.
- Repeat the same until having 3 layers of phyllo and beef.
- Trim edges of phyllo to fit the pan.
- Slice with a sharp knife to form squares or diamond shapes.
- Bake for 5 minutes; mix egg and milk, season and pour over the phyllo.
- Continue baking for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with different sauces.
3 Tbs olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Kilo minced (ground) beef
Salt and pepper
¼ Tsp ground all spice
½ Cup parmesan cheese, grated
Butter, melted for brushing
2 Eggs, beaten
1 Cup milk