Grilled Pepper Eggplant Soup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Wash eggplant, dry and make some holes with a tip of a sharp knife.
- Place eggplant, red pepper and onion on a baking sheet.
- Brush vegetables with oil. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Roll hot eggplant in plastic bag, seal and leave for few minutes, then cut the green part with the knife, squeeze out to remove easily external skin and as much seeds as possible.
- Mash eggplant using a fork; add lemon juice so the color won’t change and keep aside.
- Peel grilled pepper, remove seeds. Peel onion into medium size pieces.
- Place all vegetables in a blender; add stock, puree until smooth (add more stock if needed).
- Lightly heat mixture in a saucepan over medium heat, season with salt and pepper.
- For serving, top soup with toasted almond slices, serve with prepared puff pastry.
1 Eggplant, medium size
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 ablespoons lemon juice
1 bell pepper, red
1 onion, medium size
3 Cup stock
Salt and pepper
Almond, toasted and sliced for decoration
Puff pastry, cut into circles baked in oven with grated cheese for serving